Sunday, August 18, 2013

EYE Museum

On Wednesday I went to the EYE Museum. I haven't been to all of the museums in Amsterdam yet, but so far this is one of my favorites. The EYE Film Institute Netherlands was designed by Viennese architectural firm Delugan Meissl AssociatesThis museum has beautiful clean lines, is situated on the water with great views of the city, and the Fellini exhibit that was taking place was very well done. I'm not much of a cinema buff, I watch movies that look interesting to me and rarely could tell you who the director was, the line-up of actors, ect. I know, gasp!! So yes, I went into this thinking that I had heard of the movie La Dolce Vida but was not so familiar with this man Federico Fellini. I love being pleasantly suprised and learning about such a unique creative individual!

There is also a permanent exhibit on the history of cinema in the basement of the museum so I will definitely be going back. The cafe was great as well. It was a beautiful day so we grabbed a table outside in the sun to enjoy a nice tomato and goat cheese tart for lunch.

Entrance to the EYE Film Institute

Looking towards the cafe

In the cafe. I love the use of the natural wood against the stark white and glass. The light fixtures were pretty fun as well.

Standing in the cafe looking up toward the exhibit entrance

Optimus is growing and seems to be doing great! I am as tired as ever and would like to sleep about 15 hours a day. So yes, I've been taking it a little slower than usual but trying to not become too sloth like because I don't think that is good either. 

Last Thursday, I met Felipe at BabyPark after he got off of work to get everything we still needed for the baby. Needless to say, we did not get everything. That store is HUGE and we were quite overwhelmed from all of the options to choose from. We did leave with a decision made regarding the stroller and car seat so I feel pretty accomplished. Below is a photo of Otimus's new ride. By the time we added up all the additional accessories, the "limited edition" was only 2 euros more expensive so we decided to go for it.  

Now we really need to find a crib. It's proving a bit more difficult than anticipated. I see a second shopping trip in our future.

Felipe leaves today to fly back to Portland for the week. Hopefully this will be his last big trip before the baby comes. I will be busy here getting my closet in order because right now it is a mess. I just kind of threw everything in there when unpacking the boxes from the movers. Now it needs some good organization. After that, I can devote my full attention to the nursery. 

I see some sun trying to break through the clouds so I think now would be a good time to get out for a walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment