Thursday, February 6, 2014

Oatmeal Apricot Coconut cookies

Thanks to a nice Christmas gift from my in-laws and Enzo starting to gain some independence, I have slowly started to bake again. The other day I made some cookies that I am calling Oatmeal Apricot Coconut cookies. I adapted the recipe from this blog that I found randomly, http://www.thekitchenmagpie.com/chewy-oatmeal-cookies-with-coconut. I don't know if I would call my cookies chewy, but I did think they were pretty delicious.

A rainy afternoon calls for an espresso and cookie in the afternoon.

A few people have asked me for the recipe so to share it, and to help me find it later, here it goes.

Ingredients:
1 cup of coconut oil
1 cup of flour
1/4 cup of almond flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup of sugar
1/4 cup of maple syrup
2 large eggs
2 cups of flaked coconut
3 cups of quick oats
1 cup of apricots finely chopped

Directions:
Heat oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit or 170 degree Celsius. Cream together coconut oil and sugar until lightly colored and smooth. Add maple syrup and mix. Next, add in your eggs one at a time, beat until fluffy.
Whisk the flour, almond flour, salt, and baking soda together, then beat into the butter mixture, adding flour bit by bit until it's completely added.
Next add in your coconut and oatmeal, mixing slowly on the lowest setting of your mixer. Last, add the chopped apricots.
Drop by rounded teaspoonful onto a greased or parchment paper lined (my preferred method) cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes or until cookies are a light golden brown.
Enjoy!! 
Of course, I'll throw in a little Enzo update. He is such a cool, little observant boy. Monday, we went to a playgroup and he was inspired by the slightly older babies and rolled over from his back to his tummy for the first time. Of course, when we are home alone, or with dad, he has no desire to repeat this party trick. I also try to play music throughout the day so we aren't sitting in a silent house. To my surprise, he loves Mozart. I've tried Bach and other classical music and he doesn't seem to enjoy them as much as when I play Mozart. I find it very interesting. He also loves dance music, however, he may love mommy dancing around the house with him more than he actually likes the music itself but I will keep believing it's the music.

This photo cracks me up. We were getting ready to leave the house for a walk. I think he has some room to grow in this "comfy" outfit.

He loves his chair! I've resorted to putting him in bibs because he has been drooling soooo much lately. They are also good when he spits up. 




No comments:

Post a Comment